Rome with its amazing range of classical and historical sites and its location, at the centre of the Roman Catholic Church, make school trips to Rome an ideal destination for students of Italian culture, art and history. On our school trips to Rome students will be able to study architecture from the Middle Ages, the Renaissance and Baroque period. In addition to this each educational tour and school trip to Rome will give your pupils the chance to experience the grandeur of the Vatican.
You will also be able to visit The Colosseum of Rome, which is one of the Seven Wonders of The World. At its peak the Colosseum could seat 50,000 spectators and took 12 years to build. It is estimated that over 500,000 people were killed in Colosseum during Roman reign.
The beautiful Baroque-style Trevi Foundation is a photo opportunity not to be missed as it stands 85 feet high and 54 feet wide. For a bit of history, the Roman National Museum is spread over four locations around the city and has fine collections of paintings, mosaics and sculptures of the Roman age.
Check in at your UK airport for your flight to Rome.
On arrival in Rome, transfer to your hotel and check in.
Visit the Trevi Fountain followed by a meal in a local restaurant.
Guided walking tour of Rome.
Explore the Colosseum, Papatine Hill and Imperial Forums.
Go to Rome's most famous stairs, the Spanish Steps before your evening meal.
Day trip to Ancient Ostia.
Evening meal at local restarant.
Visit the Time Elevator Roma.
Transfer to Rome airport for return flight.
Arrive at school.
Top Tips from Our Travel Experts
Rome is one of the most incredible and inspiring places I’ve been to in Europe. I’ve seen something different each time I go. There is so much History and Culture, a must do for educational trip. My top tips are:
1. Get an early start! Miss the crowds by starting your activities early in the morning.
2. Walk between your visits. There is something fascinating to see on every street, you will miss a huge amount by taking the Metro.
3. Add guides for the Vatican and Colosseum/Roman Forum to make the most of these iconic sites.
4. Packed lunches are available to pre-book - this will help avoid paying high tourist prices on the streets.
5. Summer in Rome is incredibly hot! Be sun safe and make sure you have a hat, sunscreen and water.