Business & Economics Trips to The Midlands
The industrial revolution cemented the Midlands’ reputation as a hub of engineering excellence and expertise, leading the way in producing coal, iron, steel and ceramics. More than a century later the region remains a prime centre of UK manufacturing expertise. Accounting for more than a quarter of the country’s engineering employment and around 30 per cent of UK car production the region is home to major groups like Jaguar Land Rover, Toyota, JCB and Caterpillar.
Many of these major companies operate educational workshops and factory tours to offer you students superb insight into manufacturing processes and the business behind the brands.
Curriculum Topics Key Stage 4
- Production Processes
- Organisational Structures
- Business Location
- International trade and the global economy
Curriculum Topics Key Stage 5
- Mission, Corporate Objectives & Strategy
- Strategic Positioning
Price Shown includes
- Return coach travel (based on 40 passengers)
- 2 nights B&B accommodation
- Bespoke itinerary planning service
- Free Place Ratios
- Live Trip Tracking
- Online trip organiser & Travel App
- 24/7 support whilst you are away
Reasons to Visit
JCB Factory Tour
Visits begin with a short presentation in the JCB Theatre followed by time in the new ‘’Story of JCB’’ exhibition, before moving on to assembly line of the world famous Backhoe Loader machine. Here, you will see how the machine is built from the delivery of the sheet steel, profiling, laser cutting, welding, paint shop, assembly and finally the finished product! Please Note: All Visitors must be over 15 years of age.
Jaguar Land Rover Factory Tour
What does it take to bring to life some of the most technologically advanced cars in the world? The Tour at Castle Bromwich offers an exclusive insight into the creation of Jaguar cars. In the state-of-the-art factory, you’ll see hundreds of robots working in perfect accord with talented craftsmen and witness the entire production process from sheet metal to Jaguar car.
Marston's Brewery Tour
Burton-on-Trent was the engine room for brewing in the 19th century. Tour the only working brewery in the world still brewing cask beer using the traditional Burton Union method, where the famous Marston's Pedigree is fermented in oak casks. Each visit includes a fully guided tour of the Victorian brewhouse, Burton Unions and bottling plant.
Drayton Manor Park Business Workshops
The Education Team at Drayton Manor offer a range of workshops alongside a park visit to get the most out of your day. These hour long interactive sessions are based around Drayton Manor as a Business, Marketing, Customer Service as well as Finance and ICT. All workshops are targeted to the students level and link to the curriculum.
We Make Trip Planning Easy
- Day to day support and advice from our team of travel experts
- Easy-to-view online tour quotation
- Market-leading trip organiser portal, My Tour Manager
- Free Resources and templates to help launch your trip
- Email reminders to keep you on track
- Free and completely personalised Travel App to access your information on the go
- Locate My Trip designed to provide reassurance to parents and teachers
- Risk Assessment advice so you can make an informed decision on every tour component
- Teacher Inspection Visits