Politics Trips to Strasbourg
Combining an attractive historic centre with the home of the European Parliament, Council of Europe and Court of Human Rights makes Strasbourg a great city for groups wanting to enhance their understanding of the European institutions. It is a city which has something for everyone.
Price Shown includes
- Return Coach Travel
- 3 nights Half Board Accommodation
- Specialist Group Travel Insurance
- Bespoke itinerary planning service
- Free Place Ratios
- Live Trip Tracking
- Online trip organiser & Travel App
- 24/7 support whilst you are away
Reasons to Visit
The Heads of State or Government meet here at least twice a year. The Council is a crucial element of the European Union. It sets priorities, gives political direction and resolves issues too complex for the Council Ministers. The visit includes a video and then a tour around the building, explaining how the system works. The maximum group size is 60.
The European Parliament is the largest multi-national parliament in the world. It represents the 370 million citizens of the Union and its primary objectives are to pass European laws and control the executive power. Visits must be booked directly through your local MP.
Human Rights Building
On the banks of the river stands the new Palais des Droits de l’Homme, designed by Richard Rogers, which houses the European Court of Human Rights dependent on the European Council. The group will be shown a film and then taken around the building.
Chateau du Haut Koenigsbourg
The castle was built in the 12th century by the Hohenstaufens on a headland dominating the Alsace plain, more than 700 metres above sea level.
Guided Sightseeing Tour
A sightseeing tour of Strasbourg will offer your group the opportunity to see the city's main attractions. A professional, experienced, English-speaking guide will give an insight into the history and culture of the city and will be able to answer any questions you may have.
A tour along the river will offer students the chance to see Strasbourg’s historical quarter and its port. There are also cruises along the Rhine.
The two hectare park will educate your students on aquatic flora and fauna.
We Make Trip Planning Easy
- Day to day support and advice from our team of travel experts
- Easy-to-view online tour quotation
- Market-leading trip organiser portal, My Tour Manager
- Free Resources and templates to help launch your trip
- Email reminders to keep you on track
- Free and completely personalised Travel App to access your information on the go
- Locate My Trip designed to provide reassurance to parents and teachers
- Risk Assessment advice so you can make an informed decision on every tour component
- Teacher Inspection Visits