Art & Design Trips to Cornwall
Places like St Ives have been attracting artists for centuries due to the fantastic light levels but since the opening and success of the Tate St Ives it has firmly been put on the art- world map. Recently extended, the Tate St Ives continues to attract top quality art exhibitions all in a stunning location with magnificent sea views.
For students, Cornwall offers no shortage of subject to inspire their next portfolio project. From breath-taking scenery, quaint harbours and villages or futuristic biomes at the Eden Project the opportunities to sketch or photograph are unique. You could also get hands-on at a workshop at the St Ives School of Painting which offer opportunities for practical work in whatever medium you wish to work in.
Curriculum Topics Key Stage 4 & 5
- Art, Craft and Design
- Graphic Communication
- Textile Design
- Three-dimensional Design
Price Shown includes
- Return coach travel
- 3 night youth hostel accommodation
- Bespoke itinerary planning service
- Free Place Ratios
- Live Trip Tracking
- Online trip organiser & Travel App
- 24/7 support whilst you are away
Reasons to Visit
Tate St Ives
Tate St Ives is part of the Tate family of venues that includes Tate Modern, Tate Britain and Tate Liverpool and opened in 1993 to celebrate the rich history of modern art in St Ives. Recently re-opened after a £20m renovation which has doubled the gallery space, it continues to inspire with its seasonal exhibitions of international modern and contemporary art all presented with breath-taking views of the beach.
Barbara Hepworth Museum & Sculpture Garden
Visiting the Barbara Hepworth Museum and Sculpture Garden is a unique experience, offering a remarkable insight into the work and outlook of one of Britain's most important twentieth century artists. Sculptures in bronze, stone and wood are on display in the Museum and Garden where she lived and worked, along with paintings, drawings and archive material.
St Ives Painting Workshops
Unique and flexible workshops for school and college groups, which can be designed to meet your particular needs. From life drawing to landscapes these tailor-made workshops let you decide on your subject, select any mediums or materials you wish to work with and ensure that certain techniques or relevant areas of interest beneficial to your group are covered.
We Make Trip Planning Easy
- Day to day support and advice from our team of travel experts
- Easy-to-view online tour quotation
- Market-leading trip organiser portal, My Tour Manager
- Free Resources and templates to help launch your trip
- Email reminders to keep you on track
- Free and completely personalised Travel App to access your information on the go
- Locate My Trip designed to provide reassurance to parents and teachers
- Risk Assessment advice so you can make an informed decision on every tour component
- Teacher Inspection Visits