When it comes to booking your trip you have the flexibility to choose and plan your programme to include elements relevant to your students.
For some of our Worldwide destinations we feature comprehensive itineraries which make the most of your stay by including the most popular sights and excursions. For other destinations we include a list of suggested visits which gives you the freedom to decide on your own programme.
Certain destinations are ideal for different age groups, due to the nature of the accommodation, types of excursions and visits available. For this reason, destinations on this website fall into two categories. Look out for the logo at the top of each page detailing whether the destination is suited to the 11 or 14 age group. Alternatively use the drop down menus to find these destinations.
Below are some of the characteristics which distinguish the two types of destination:
• Tend to be capital or large cities
• Your choice of coach, air, rail & Eurostar • Airport transfers and additional coach hire can be provided as an optional extra
• Youth Centres through to 4* Hotels • Located in the city centre or on the outskirts, with easy access to the centre using public transport • Single room for first group leader free of charge, subject to availability. All other staff accommodated in twins
• Bed & Breakfast basis (room only for the USA) unless otherwise stated on your quotation • Meals in restaurants can be pre-booked in most cities
Subject Specific Visits
• A detailed visit list is provided with your quotation for each destination
• A study visit booking fee is detailed on your quotation which will include transport and guides where required. Entrance fees are payable locally
• Free pre-booking service for museums, theme parks and other general excursions (to maximum of four, after which a nominal fee is levied). All entrance fees are payable locally.
Prices detailed on this website are guidelines only. They are based on:
• Low Season Travel in November 2008 (unless otherwise specified)
• Coach Tours are based on 40 paying passengers
• Air, Rail and Eurostar Tours are based on 20 paying passengers. Air Travel is based on departures from London Airports.
Why not visit two cities instead of one and add another dimension to your programme? Some of the most popular two centre tours are:
• Moscow and St Petersburg
• New York and Washington
• New York and Boston
• Berlin and Prague
• Brussels and Strasbourg
• Paris and Reims
• Athens and Tolon
• Beijing and Xian
• Krakow and Warsaw
• Florence and Venice
• Rome and Sorrento
Whether you choose the speed of air travel, the convenience of your own coach or the value for money of rail travel, you can be assured that we only use the highest quality travel partners.
• Good value travel on National Rail in the UK, allowing us to offer excellent, economical tours to London and other UK destinations
• Rail transfers for those joining Eurostar at London Waterloo or Ashford International
• Seat reservations are usually available
• European Study Tours are proud to have Eurostar as a travel partner.
• The most convenient method of transport from London or Kent to Paris, Lille, Brussels and Disneyland Resort Paris.
• The new high-speed service from St. Pancras International to Paris takes just over 2 hours. Additional services are also available from Ebbsfleet International in Kent.
• The ideal travel solution for smaller groups and also groups with limited time
• We endeavour to use the most reputable coach companies
• Regular meetings with our suppliers ensure quality and standards are maintained
• Executive Coaches with 46 seats, wc, video and drinks machine are allocated free of charge on long haul tours that involve an overnight journey e.g. Berlin or Prague
• All our tours are based on a Dover to Calais crossing which is the most time and cost effective route
• Alternative crossings are available -please ask for details
• We are able to book your crossing via Eurotunnel which is a quick and
convenient way to reach the continent. Supplements may apply.
• We are proud to have British Airways as a key travel partner
• We work with all major scheduled airlines
• Flights from regional airports are also available.
Low Cost Airlines
• No frills airlines such as Easyjet, Ryanair, Jet2, Monarch Scheduled and BMIBaby, can provide substantial savings for air travel to a large number of European destinations.
• The cheapest fares are available the earlier you book
• Fares are constantly changing and continue to increase in price until the day of departure
• Schedules and flights are only released in six month blocks, usually Nov-Mar and April-Oct
• It is not usually possible to take an option on seats and a firm booking with £80 deposits and full names has to be made
• Later additions to the group or name changes will not be at the same fare
• Cancellations are usually liable for the full cost of the air fare
• Bookings are strictly subject to the terms and conditions of the airline (available on request)
• Low-Cost airlines operate from most regional airports including;
Nottingham East Midlands
• These airlines fly to the following destinations:
Paris, Nice, Amsterdam,
Dublin, Barcelona, Madrid,
Bilbao, Seville, Granada,
Malaga, Valencia, Rome,
Naples, Pisa, Venice,
Athens, Berlin, Tallinn,
Budapest, Vienna, Marrakech,
Stockholm, Copenhagen, Riga,
Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Belfast,
Munich, Cologne, Istanbul,
Frankfurt, Tours, Brussels,
Geneva, Lisbon, Milan,
Catania, Palermo, Split.